Make your own beautiful Feta cheese with our DIY cheese making kit. This kit includes everything you need to make up to 25 batches of Feta cheese, except for common kitchen equipment and milk.
Our helpline is available by phone or email to assist you in the cheese making process. No worries!
Easy To Use
Simple, easy to follow instructions are included. Just follow the steps to make your own gourmet Feta cheese at home.
Make your own gourmet Feta cheese and save! This budget-friendly kit will save you heaps compared to the shops.
Our updated instruction booklet now includes directions for brining your Feta, and the kit has the PH test strips required to do this successfully.
This Kit Contains:
- Instruction Booklet
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometer
- Two Feta Baskets
- Reusable Loose Weave Cheese Cloth
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride
- Rennet Tablets (Suitable for Vegetarians) (Up to 40 batches)
- Direct Set Mesophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture
- 20 cm pH test paper
- 250 gram Cheese Salt
- Free Sterile Jar
You Will Need: (most of which can be found in your kitchen)
- Stainless steel pot to place your milk in large enough to hold four litres
- A second, larger pot to place your first pot in, to act as a water jacket, so you can indirectly heat your milk (Stock Pot Set)
- Stainless steel perforated spoon
- Stainless steel curd knife
- Stainless steel ladle
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mini measuring spoons (optional)
How Much Does It Make?
This kit contains enough culture to make 25 batches of Feta, using 4 litres of milk each time, and will have enough rennet for up to 40 batches. Once you exhaust your consumables, you can simply re-order those ingredients and continue making beautiful homemade feta!
How Do I Store My Ingredients?
We ship these products Australia wide, however, this kit contains ingredients that do require long term storage in a freezer, on arrival. Extended time out of a freezer will decrease the shelf life.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly, freeze-dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.