This vegan-friendly culture can be used to ferment vegetables or add probiotics to non-dairy yoghurts and cheeses.
Please Note: Probiotic Vegetable & Dairy Culture will not make yoghurt on its own and must be used in addition to a yoghurt starter culture to make yoghurt.
This vegan culture can be used to ferment vegetables, add probiotics to vegan yoghurts and cheeses and make other ferments.
Costing just pennies per litre / kilo, this culture will save you heaps versus buying vegan fermented foods from the shops.
Live Probiotic Bacteria
This pure probiotic culture is guaranteed to be alive. It starts fermenting as soon as you add it to your recipe, growing and multiplying rapidly.
Probiotic Vegetable Culture can be used for adding probiotics to yoghurt or culturing and fermenting vegetables to make dishes such as Korean kimchi or German sauerkraut.
Vegan Probiotic Vegetable Culture contains:
- Selected strain of Lactobacillus plantarum
How Does It Work?
- Probiotic Vegetable Culture is a protective culture, inhibiting unwanted bacteria, yeasts and moulds.
- Probiotic Vegetable Culture may be applied in probiotic products such as fermented alternative milks, including soy, almond and coconut products and in fermenting vegetables.
How Much Does It Make?
- Each sachet will make up to 100 kilograms of fermented veggies.
- One sachet is also enough to add to 100 batches of yoghurt (1 litre batches).
- Making you own yoghurt into a probiotic yoghurt or making your own healthy fermented vegetables with this culture is very economical as it is highlty concentrated.
- Vegan friendly: certified dairy and animal product free.
- Each sachet is supplied with two sterile jars to keep your culture safely in the freezer and allow you to easily pick up just a small amount on the end of a knife.
- Free from gluten, peanut, sesame, eggs, celery, mustard, fish or shellfish, sulphites, lupine, soy, dairy and is GMO Free.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.